|Associate Engineer – DataDoc Mgmt
|07 June 2023
Shell inviting applications for the position of Associate Engineer – DataDoc Mgmt. Here you are given complete information about the job. Must read the complete article for complete information.
Shell Job Overview
|Associate Engineer – DataDoc Mgmt
About the job
SEAM, the newly formed organization, aims to streamline Safety, Environment, and Asset Management activities by integrating various positions from existing business lines such as Integrated Gas, Downstream, and Upstream, as well as central teams like PTS and Asset Management Excellence.
With a wide global presence, this unified team will effectively support Shell’s business operations and assets worldwide.
The VP of TAO will assume responsibility for maximizing integrated business value throughout the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) plays a crucial role in expediting the implementation of Shell’s Asset Management System, propelling us towards our full potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas, and Upstream sectors.
TAO deploys skilled technical resources who work remotely but are an essential part of asset teams, contributing to the value creation process through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- I am proficient in utilizing ASSAI, AIM-EDMS (Document Management tool), CMMS (SAP), and other relevant systems for maintenance, assurance, technical support, and the standardization of technical data and documents across manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain, and distribution locations. Additionally, I actively participate in on-site engagement, technical forums, and tool discussions.
- My responsibilities encompass managing information and data, ensuring effective document control through ASSAI and Polarion.
- I also fulfill the role of a Document Controller and administer DocData.
- Conducting data analysis and examining business processes, which involves tasks such as data cleansing, data mining and profiling, benchmarking, and reporting for site-related equipment and maintenance activities.
- Regularly monitoring the functional mailbox for Document Turnovers, and prioritizing the completion of these turnovers according to predetermined criteria and in alignment with asset standards.
- Establishing distribution lists and creating transmittal templates.
- Rewritten paragraph:
- The task involves the creation of dashboards to track the status of documents and report the progress made. It is important to have a comprehensive understanding of data related to maintenance reports, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, as well as operation and maintenance manuals provided by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) for process plants and operations.
- Having knowledge of equipment functions and instruments, as well as the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings such as P&IDs, PEFS, and PFDs, is advantageous.
- In this process, each drawing or document is opened and subjected to a quality check based on the Asset’s Document Management standards. Any document that fails to meet the established quality standards is returned to the originator. Notifications are sent as required, and the document turnover is closed following the provided instructions once the necessary actions have been completed.
- Collaborate with the business to establish a streamlined process flow for the execution of document deliverables.
- Adhere to the Company’s Records Management guidelines for both Controlled and non-Controlled documents.
- Revise documents in ASSAI and AIM-EDMS, incorporating metadata and connecting them to FLOC as per the provided work instruction.
- Preferred Qualifications for a Learner Mindset:
- The ideal candidate should possess a graduate or master’s degree in engineering, accompanied by at least 2 years of applicable industry experience, or a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in the fields of instrumentation or mechanical engineering.
- Familiarity with DEP standards for Process Engineering Flow Scheme (PEFS) is required.
- Proficiency in utilizing ASSAI and AIM-EDMS work processes, as well as understanding their associated process flows, is essential.
- A fundamental comprehension of document controller workflows is desired.
- Furthermore, the candidate should possess knowledge in the field and be capable of offering analytical solutions.
- Engaging in shift work to accommodate the operating hours of both UK and US timezones.
- Collaborating virtually with key stakeholders to manage day-to-day operations.
- Taking proactive measures to identify and address business and technical challenges within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrating self-motivation and dependability, along with strong oral and written communication abilities in English.
- Providing exposure to various cultural backgrounds and organizational hierarchies worldwide, spanning across different time zones.
- The desired qualities include strong communication skills and a keen aptitude for learning. It is important to effectively collaborate within a team. Prioritization and timely delivery of responsibilities are crucial.
- Being open to change and demonstrating flexibility is essential, along with a proven history of taking initiative, possessing analytical capabilities, and excelling in problem-solving.
- Furthermore, the ability to utilize engineering best practices, codes, and standards to identify problems, propose enhancements, and implement solutions is highly valued.
- An in-depth comprehension of the Upstream/DS/IG business and its operations is desirable.
- The capability to effectively engage and communicate across various levels within and outside of Shell, including diverse cultural environments.
- Comprehension of the Continuous Improvement process within the TAO framework.
- Successful candidates should have a demonstrated history of delivering results in Asset and/or Project management.
- While the main hubs will remain the central locations for SEAM, we will maintain a distributed working model. This implies that our preference is to select the most suitable candidate for the role, allowing them to work virtually from their home country under local terms.
- While we may consider expatriate appointments based on the International Mobility criteria for expatriation, our primary focus is to hire individuals on local terms and nurture the local talent pool.
- Roles within SEAM will entail frequent international travel and the need for flexibility in working hours to effectively communicate with stakeholders across various time zones, thereby contributing to business performance. Nonetheless, we will also take into account diverse family situations and strive to accommodate flexibility accordingly.
How To Apply For Associate Engineer – DataDoc Mgmt job
- To begin, click the Apply Now button given below.
- You can now access the Shell official website.
- Read the official announcement for further information.
- Select the Apply Online button, then accurately complete the Job Post Application Form by entering all the required information.
- You press the final submission button at this point and wait.
- On your screen, your application form will display.
|Join Telegram channel
|Join Whatsapp Group
Please be aware that Shell jobs may be modified or withdrawn on occasion, and we retain the right to make such changes at any time, even before the stated closing date. We recommend reading our data protection policy before applying.
This policy outlines the potential processing of your personal data and notifies you that your information may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies worldwide.
It is important to note that neither the Shell Group nor our authorized recruitment consultants will ever request a fee from you to process or review your application for a career at Shell. Any individual demanding such a fee is not an authorized representative of Shell, and we strongly advise you to reject any such request. Shell is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.