|Analyst – Data Science
|September 9, 2023
|American Express is inviting applications for the position of Analyst – Data Science (American Express Recruitment 2023). Here, you are given complete information about the job. You must read the full article for related information.
American Express Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Analyst – Data Science
|Gurgaon, Haryana, India ( Hybrid )
|Best in Industry
American Express Recruitment 2023: Hiring for Freshers as Analyst
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities, and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard, and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
How will you make an impact in this role?
Model Risk Management Group (MRMG) within Global Risk and Compliance Group is responsible for the independent risk management of all American Express (AXP) models.
Purpose of the Analyst – Data Science Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and controlling model risk, specifically associated with the next-generation Gen AI (Large Language Models). This role will elevate model excellence, strengthen long-term shareholder value, and adapt to the changing landscape of both model development innovation, the external environment, and heightened regulatory expectations.
- Conduct independent oversight of enterprise-wide models with a focus on Gen AI (Large Language Models) and Machine Learning-based models for marketing, credit, fraud, or other business/risk types.
- Conduct gap assessments and establish a robust framework to strengthen model risk controls and meet heightened regulatory standards.
- Conduct AI/ML research to explore opportunities to elevate model excellence and drive business impact.
- Communicate results to partners, senior leadership, and various model committees.
Critical Factors to Success:
1. Business Outcomes:
- Effectively challenge the conceptual soundness, theory, and approach, purpose/usages of predictive models.
- Maximize business returns by institutionalizing efficient and accurate models.
- Innovate modeling techniques and variable creation.
- Ensure modeling accuracy and enhance modeling efficiency in existing processes using Machine Learning.
2. Leadership Outcomes:
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities, and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge the status quo, and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings.
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity.
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day.
0-3 years of experience in Large Language Models or big data workstreams.
MBA, Master’s Degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, or related fields from a top-tier institute.
- Hands-on model development or validation experience.
- Strong Analytical and Relationship and project management skills for driving validation initiatives.
- Experience in applying advanced statistical and/or quantitative techniques to solve business problems is preferred.
- Good Verbal, Written, Interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Willingness to collaborate with Cross-Functional teams to drive validation and Project Execution.
- Effectively communicating complex Analytical results to Business Partners and Senior Management.
- Flexibility and Adaptability to Work Within tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Experience with at least one of the data manipulation tools such as Python, R, JAVA is a must-have. Gen AI/ Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence, Expertise in Coding, Supervised and Unsupervised Techniques – active learning, transfer learning, neural models, decision trees, reinforcement learning, graphical models, Gaussian processes, Bayesian models, map reduce techniques, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Deep Learning, Text Mining Algorithms.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors:
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective.
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential.
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counselling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The location for the position of Analyst – Data Science at American Express in Gurgaon, Haryana, India( Hybrid ).
How To Apply For American Express Careers for Freshers
To apply for Analyst – Data Science At American Express, follow these steps:
- To begin, find the “apply link” that is given below.
- Click the “Click Here” button mentioned below.
- You can now find yourself in the career of American Express.
- Read the job listing carefully.
- If your skill set matches the job specification of the open position, click on the “Apply Now” option. It will take you to the application form after logging in with your credentials or creating a new account on the careers page.
- Fill in your credentials correctly and upload your resume for the reference of the employer.
- You press the final submission button at this point and wait.
- On your screen, your application form will display.
|Join Telegram channel
|Join Whatsapp Group
What is the American Express Selection Process?
1. Aptitude Test
3. Interview Rounds.